Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Underwater Background

This month's Club Scrap Technique Challenge is to heat emboss on a dark background.  I love the contrast that this technique can create.
 
When I'm on the treadmill I watch crafting YouTube videos to keep myself occupied.  I came across this new Jennifer McGuire Galaxy Background technique and couldn't wait to try it.  My goal was to use the same principles but create an underwater background to go with this month's Lagoon collection.
 
1. Blend blue and teal oxide inks on your background mat. Spray with water and heat set.
2. Add black oxide inks, remembering to heat set periodically and spritz with water. Continue to add layers but let some of the blues peek out.

3. Spritz bubble stamp with water and stamp on oxide background. Add large drops of water.  Heat set.
4. Stamp and heat emboss desired images and quotes with white embossing powder.
Club Scrap papers, stamp and ribbon. Tim Holtz Oxide inks. Nuvo crystal drops.



8 comments: